Home Engineering Resources
Our Engineering Resources
The reports about Gulf Concrete Technology (GCT) brand Structural Concrete Insulated Panel (SCIP) panels below in pdf files available below prove that GCT panels are ready for mainstream construction applications.
The reports cover structural loading constraints when using GCT panels as applied to building homes. The other GCT reports show the fire resistance of the panels with different thicknesses of the structural cement-plaster mixes that are applied to the panels.
The reports give Structural Engineers all the technical background materials and resources needed to engineer any SCIP home or other building.
Also the Structural Concrete Insulated Panel (SCIP) related patents are also available for download.
Additionally, there are reports of Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) about home construction and also available are two residential building sector earthquake reports by FEMA for download.
Engineering Professionals and Explanations as applied to buildings
There are at least five disciplines of the engineering professions that create systems for buildings and homes which are listed below with a short explanation of each discipline.
1. Civil Engineering Professionals
Primarily solve problems and creates opportunities in the areas of your building site utilities of electrical, water supply, and water wastes routing to septic systems and or sewer systems and land features that require infrastructure to improve water runoffs from your home site.
2. Structural Engineering Professionals
Primarily solve problems and creates opportunities with the structure of your home relating to the gravity loads, the earth loads, the structural loads of the foundation, walls, columns, beams, trusses, roofs, of your home and
3. Mechanical Engineering Professionals
Primarily solve problems and create opportunities in the plumbing systems of water supply and waste elimination, Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and some energy applications such as solar hot water systems.
4. Electrical Engineering Professionals
Primarily solve problems and create opportunities in the electrical supply and distribution systems. Including electrical supply from the electrical utility grid, solar PV systems and any other electrical supply sources and the electrical storage and distribution systems that are used by your home. These systems power your lighting, electrical plugs, appliances, and all other items that require a source of electricity in your home.
5. Informational Technology Engineering Professionals
This discipline of engineering is sometimes considered as a sub-discipline of electrical engineering. The engineers primarily deal with problems and opportunities in the areas of telephone systems, wireless systems such as satellite systems and infrastructure communication systems. This engineering discipline also directs the design of systems for home data acquisition, retention and uses by your home in home security systems, audio and visual equipment systems, and other systems as these systems are used in real time of your home.
General Engineering Professions Explanation
Engineering Professionals receive a project from their client and go through at least three steps.
1. The Engineers find the real needs of their client and define a project. They then define the problems and opportunities of the project. Engineers usually first consider the budget constraints defined by their client for the project. The as needed the engineers do engineering and scientific literature searching looking for existing solutions for the problems and opportunities.
2. The engineers then create mathematical models that allow them to vary the inputs and the outputs of the project to proceed to develop an optimum solution to the problems and opportunities of the project while also considering the budget constraints for the project.
3. Once the options for a potential optimum solution is found considering the inputs and the outputs while also balancing the budget constraints with the potential solutions for the project the Enginers present the potential solutions to their client for a decision on which solution to engineer and specify. The Engineers then create drawings and specifications for the building and manufacturing professionals to build and implement the optimum solution for their client’s needs.
Please download and see the pdf files below as you are interested
Gulf Concrete Technology (GCT) Publications and Engineering Reports
GCT Installation Manual
GCT Panel Dimensions
GCT Concrete Building System With Added Value
GCT TER Technical Report Fire-Resistance Ratings of GCT Composite Concrete Assemblies
GCT Summary Fire-Resistance Ratings Composite Concrete Assemblies (One page)
GCT Insulated Concrete Panel Design Properties & Allowable Loads for Use as Floors, Walls & Roofs Within Building Systems TER No. 1202-12.asd
GCT Insulated Concrete Panel Design Properties & Allowable Loads for Use as Floors, Walls & Roofs Within Building Systems TER No. 1202-12.Is
GCT Insulated Concrete Panel Design Properties & LRFD Factored Loads for Use in Foundation Floors & Walls Within Building Systems Ter No. 1202 – 12.f
Structural Mortar Protection – Columns Ter No. 1412-02
GCT Rire-Resistance Ratings of GCT Composite Concrete Assemblies – Required Mortar Thickness TER No. 1201 – 04
Structural Concrete Insulated Panel (SCIP) issued patents
Expanded Polystyrene Reports
The behavior of EPS in case of Fire
Fire Safe Construction with EPS
Expanded Polystyrene reduces global warming
Residential Building Sector Earthquake Reports by FEMA
Earthquake Safety Guide for Homeowners FEMA
Homeowners Guide to Earthquake Resistant Design and Construction FEMA
FEMA Wildfire Information